While almost all organisations backup in one way or another, few can say that their backup strategy is perfect. Many cannot guarantee that all data is backed up 100% of the time and that there are no problems with immediate file or VM level restores. Most admit that their backup and restore process is slow for large volumes of data (especially for full backups), with some organisations still laboriously managing tape. Traditional backup solutions are proving obsolete for the ever changing and increasing challenges organisations face today. An innovative and robust data lifecycle management strategy can reduce cost and administrative overhead as well as improve restore capability.
All vendors claim to have the “best solution” and it can be difficult to understand exactly which solutions are a best fit for your organisation. iSYSTEMS will help you navigate through the saturated landscape and help you to scope out strategic solutions, not just short term tactical fixes, enabling you to:
- Significantly reduce backup windows
- Use any public cloud or on-premise platform to store and replicate backups
- Dramatically improve RPO & RTO
- Instantly recover 100+ TB Oracle, MS SQL, DB2 and other enterprise databases
- Leverage as-a-service offerings to remove all management overhead
- Provide application consistent recovery
- Instantly mount and recover specific virtual machines from large VM stores
- Gain immediate access to specific files and backup images regardless of age
- Leverage advanced deduplication and object storage for long term retention
- Ensure data sovereignty
- Granular and predicative instant search functionality, even from cold archive storage
Merely backing up data is becoming a thing of the past, you can now realise the benefits of proactively using stored backup data. iSYSTEMS can enable you to create customised visual reports to deliver analytics on operational efficiencies, compliance, and capacity utilisation, using otherwise untouched data to provide actionable insights to all areas of the business. By adopting next generation technologies, the focus can be returned to files, applications, and databases, not the underlying infrastructure. This in turn enables you to use your data in multiple new ways, for example, to provision unlimited virtual copies for application development, testing and analytics, to rapidly recover a large database, to restore from events e.g. site failure, application migration, data center consolidation.
iSYSTEMS can help organisations take a proactive approach to data archiving, allowing cold data to be migrated away from expensive primary storage into a low cost highly available active archive solution, whether on premise or cloud based. By introducing a successful active archive policy, we are helping customers reclaim and repurpose petabytes of expensive primary storage while significantly reducing the amount of data that needs to be backed up. Archived important business data can even be made available with an instant search function for all files, stored across all snapshots, either on-premises or in the cloud.